CAT Exam 2021
Here is the complete information about the CAT Exam, eligibility criteria, documents required for the CAT exam, a list of books for the CAT exam, Pattern for CAT exam as well as the Cut- Off which helps you to choose the best colleges for your future.
Cat is nothing but the Common Admission Test. Cat exam is highly a Competitive exam which is a computer-based test for the candidates looking for admission in graduate management programs.
This exam is conducted online i.e computer-based test. In this exam, there are three sections, Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC), Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DI and LR), and Quantitative Ability (QA).
Eligibility for the exam:-
- Candidates should check CAT eligibility criteria before applying for the exam.
- There is no requirement of 45 or 50 percent aggregate marks in graduation.
- There is no age limit for candidates appearing for the CAT examination.
- Work experience is not mandatory for candidates appearing for the CAT examination.
- Students who are pursuing final year graduation are also eligible for the CAT examination.
- Candidates with backlogs in the final year can also apply.
- Students with the PWD category must bring a PWD certificate.
Documents Required for CAT exam:-
- ID Proof:- Address proof, Caste certificate
- Contact Details:- Phone number, Email ID
- Marksheets :- Class 10, Class 12, Graduation/Diploma
- Certificates:- Date of Birth, Degree certificates
- Payment Details:- Credit card, Debit Card, Net Banking
List of books for the exam:-
- Quantum CAT – Sarvesh K Verma
- Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning – Gautam Puri
- How to prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for a CAT – Arun Sharma
- Quantitative aptitude for the CAT – Nishit K. Sinha
- Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency – Ananta Ashisha
Pattern for CAT exam 2021:-
- CAT exam pattern is divided into 3 sections.
- The total duration for the CAT exam is 2 hours.
- The exam consists of a total of 76 (54 MCQs and 22 Non-MCQs) questions.
- Overall CAT exam is of 228 marks.
- Each question carries 3 marks.
- 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- No negative marking scheme for non MCQ questions.
CAT 2021 Exam Pattern
CAT 2021 exam pattern
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||24||18||6||72|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||26||18||8||78|
Cut-Off for CAT exam 2021
CAT Cut-off (2021)
|IIM Bodh Gaya||90-95|
Highlights of CAT Exam
|Conducted by||Indian Institute of Management|
|Full Form of CAT||Common Aptitude Test|
|Exam level||National level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Sections||Verbal ability and reading comprehension (VARC),|
Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR), Quantitative exam (QA)
|Eligibility||Eligibility criteria for CAT|
|Fees per mode||• Rs.2,200/- (General Category)|
• Rs.1,100/- (Reserved Category)
|Negative mark||1 for every wrong answer|
|Exam Syllabus|| • Verbal ability and reading comprehension (VARC):-|
Para-Jumbles & Para- Summary, RC passages,
Sentence completion, Inferences.
• Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR):-
Graphs, Data Caselets, Seating Arrangement, Blood relation, Syllogism and Tables-based questions.
• Quantitative exam (QA):-
Time and work, Algebra, Number system, Mensuration,
and Geometry-based questions.
All the dilemmas have been tried to resolve for the CAT Exam 2021 in the above article. If you still have any doubts, then comment down your doubts in the comment section below. Please share this article to help other candidates to know more about CAT Exam and clear their confusion about CAT.