Graphic Engineering | Best Skills | Jobs | Salary in 2021
Are you Looking for graphic engineering jobs, Roles, or any related information about graphic engineering then go through this article, It would definitely help you a lot.
About graphic engineering
Graphic engineers make use of their hardware, software, 2D, and 3D skills to create video games, architectural designs, and other graphic-based applications. They make use of real-world characters and animations to create graphic designs and games. Graphic engineer works on manual tools and computer software. This field requires more artistic and technical skills. While dealing with this field you have to be more precise in your work.
Types of engineering graphics-
1. Raster graphics
2. Vector graphics
In the Raster graphic both the pixels are different from each other. Raster graphics are also called bitmap graphics. In raster graphics, images are represented as grid formations.
In vector graphics different shapes and lines are drawn using mathematical formulas, which are then interpreted from the viewer’s point of view. Some of the larger vectors take time to render larger files.
Graphic engineering is a very important form of communication in the engineering field. With the help of Graphic engineering, engineers and craftsmen can share their ideas and facts. Nowadays engineering design and engineering graphics are inextricably connected. Graphic engineers play a huge role in day-to-day life; they use hardware and software to create many digital things.
Different components used in engineering graphics, some of multiple views and projection are –
- Auxiliary views
- Section views
- General notes
- Flag notes
- Multiview projection
- Isometric Projection
- Oblique projection
- Perspective projection
List of colleges providing graphic engineering:-
- National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad
- School of Design, UPES
- MIT Institute of Design, Pune
- ARCH College of Design and Business, Jaipur
- Ecole Intuit Lab, Kolkata
- Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar
- Vogue Institute of Art Design, Bengaluru
- National Institute of Fashion Technology, Delhi
- International Institute of Fine Arts, Modinagar
- United world Institute of Design, Ahmedabad
Books required for graphic engineering
- Technical Drawing with Engineering Graphics- Frederick E Giesecke and Ivan L Hill.
- Engineering Graphics – B Bhattacharyya
- Design Graphics for Engineering Communication – Jorge Camba, Jeffrey Otey, Whiteacre
- Engineering Graphics Technical Sketching Series – Jerry W. Craig
Skills and requirements for graphic engineering:-
- A graphic engineer should have relevant technical, analytical, and communication skills.
- Should have knowledge about the design and development of software.
- Different programming languages and OOP concepts.
- Thorough knowledge about operating systems such as Ubuntu, Linux, Unix.
- Candidates should have passed 12th with a minimum of 50% marks.
- Candidates should have qualified in any qualifying examinations such as JEE, EAMCET, AIEEE, etc.
- BE (Bachelor’s Degree) in Graphics Design.
- BE (Bachelor’s Degree) in Computer Science.
- BE (Bachelor’s Degree) in Electrical engineering.
- Graphic engineers must know different tools and programs such as AutoCAD, Acrobat, OpenGL.
Different jobs in graphic engineering:-
- Graphic engineer
- Lead 3D Graphics Engineer
- Senior Graphics Engineer
- Associate Graphics Engineer
- Graphic Web Designer
- Graphic Designer Analyst
Salary of Graphic Engineer:-
This was an overview of graphic engineers, their skills and requirements, and also Salaries provided to them. Please feel free to suggest your views about this article.