Gujarat University | Best Programs Offered by Gujarat University in 2021 | Admission Criteria
About Gujarat University
Gujarat University is a public university, located in Ahmedabad, India, which is spread across an area of 300 acres. This university was established under the 1949 Act in Gujarat, this university is ranked first in Gujarat and 26th in India for the category.
Gujarat University is a modulated university that offers undergraduate or postgraduate degrees to the students and Is accredited B++ by NAAC. Also In 2016 – 2017, it received a university-level National Service Scheme Award by the 14th President of India Ram Nath Kovind.
Top Programs Available
|Programs||Duration||Course Level||Fees Required|
|Bachelor of Journalism and|
Mass Communication (B.J.M.C)
|3 years||Undergraduate||Rs. 2.75 L|
|Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA)||3 years||Undergraduate||Rs. 2 – 3 L|
|Master of Education (M.Ed)||2 years||Post|
|Master of Science (M.Sc)||2 years||Post|
|Rs. 4–10 L|
|Bachelor of Science (B.Sc)||3 years||Under|
|Rs. 25 –2 L|
|Master of Arts (M.A)||2 years||Post|
|Rs. 50–3 L|
|Master of Commerce (M.Com)||2 years||Post|
|Rs.1 – 3 L|
|Master of Computer Application (MCA)||2 years||Post|
|Rs.1.5 –3 L|
Eligibility for Admission
- Candidate must have passed 12th with 50% aggregates from a recognized university.
- To take admission in B.Sc, B.Com, BBA, BCA. Physics and Maths subject should be selected in 12th.
- To take admission in BBA + MBA. English, Economics, and Sociology subjects are important.
- To take admission in BDS, the MBBS Biology subject should be compulsory in 12th.
- To take admission in M.A, M.Sc, M.Com. MBA graduation required in any stream passed with 50% aggregate from a recognized university.
- To take admission in MCH. MBBS and MS are compulsory.
- In order to take admission in Ph.D., A postgraduate degree is compulsory from any relevant stream.
Books for Courses
Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication
- Personal Growth Companion – D.M Silveira
- Mass Communications: Principles and Concepts – Seema Hasan
- Journalism and Politics – M. Chelapati Rao
- Role of press in the freedom movement – M. Bhargwa
- Modern journalism and News writing – Savita Chadda
Master of Education
- Modern philosophies of education McGraw Hill – Brubacher J.S
- Comparative Education: Some considerations of method- Unwin Education Book, Boston – Brain Holmes
- Building of Philosophy of Education Englewood, Cliffs Prentice Hall, Inc. – Broudy, H.S
- National policy on education (revised) New Delhi – MHRD, Gov. of India
- The Doctrines of Great Educators – Rusk, R.
Master of Science
- Logic and Prolog Programming – Saroj Kaushik
- Principles of Bacteriology, Virology, and Immunology – Topley and Wilsons
- Introduction to Mathematical Statistics – Robert V. Hogg
- Operating Systems: Internals and Design Principles – William Stallings
- Applied Immunology – Benjamin Abraham Thomas
Master of Commerce
- Business Taxation – Radhakrishnan P
- Financial Management – I.M. Pandey
- Principles of Accounting – Dixon Cooper, Mitchell Franklin, and Patty Graybeal
- Cost Accounting – M.P Gupta
- Financial Accounting – R. Narayanaswamy
Information about all the courses available at Gujarat University has been provided to you. Hope you liked it, as well as all your doubts that might have been cleared after reading this article. Please share it if you liked the article.